MPP

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Back to business.... sorting the PNP

I am really into this project because I allready know how a very simple low parts count design powered by a very fast PSU can do and I want to know how a complex design can sound.

During the process, I learn constantly.. as you might have noticed my questions always have a meaning and I am really pleased to know that better informed people do not mind to share knowledge.

:)
Hi Miib
I am really impressed by the way you described the servo action in this setup !!!

Last edited:
I am always afraid to damage the transistors when I pull them out of the ribbon and try to remove the glue from the legs.
Don't be afraid,
but it is really a painfull work.
I put them in warm water with 2-3 drops of detergent.
After a short while (~5minutes) you can strip the two layers apart.
Whilst still warm you can scratch the glue off with a fingernail or
something not too hard.
If somebody has a better idea, i'm listening.
Alcohol ?

Holding the glued strip between my fingers while pulling helps a lot. I did not do that before because I was afraid to separate the legs from the plastic body.

Thank you all :)

I am not sure about the test strength for the legs, but yesterday I was reading some documentation on zener diodes and found that the test strength for these legs (the small glass case) is 15 Kg. I would presume that the test strength for these transistors may be in the same league, but it will be a few (up to 10) Kg at the least (my 2 Kg)

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
On tape is much easier to measure hfe because the legs are steadily separate, gives paper area to write down under each, they don't mix, perfect order. Then just cut em off one by one for inserting to PCB. I see 10mm of clean lead above tape line in the 327s & 337s we got. Plenty.

P.S. I use clips to measure hfe.

Joachim
Sorry for OT post but can I PM you regarding one of your speakers I.E Libra my friend is struggling with? He dosen't speak English , bought them unheard based on opinion and now is bugging me disoriented , ;0)

PS. It's very OK if you say no .I warned him many times not to buy unheard and the speaker may be faulty