Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

MPP
MPP
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th December 2010, 08:41 AM   #2031
PMA is offline PMA  Europe
diyAudio Member

Joachim,

I have been a member here for more than 8 years. I completely understand how you feel, but please take it easier. This is a virtual communication and you may expect all possible kind of reactions.

I believe you will return and will be overlooking some posts.

I have sent you an e-mail, and I hope I have used a correct e-mail address. Please let me know.

Best regards,
Old 9th December 2010, 12:55 PM   #2032
YWN is offline YWN  United Kingdom
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by difool View Post
YMV are pissed because of a topolgy mentioned since perhaps 1969 (1.Version Tietze-Schenk)
Wazzup with you people, chill down, am not pissed at anybody or anything, just asked some questions, sorry for stepping on a hornet's nest
Old 9th December 2010, 02:15 PM   #2033
Joachim Gerhard is offline Joachim Gerhard  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hello friends !
I will not take back my decission. The MPP thread will not be fueled by me any more.
If you have the desire to post here please do and i take the option if i answer or not but i will not publish any further circuits here.
You will not totally loose me though i am afraid.
I started the ZDL thread some time ago and have done some research in the backround.
I am now in contact with Dominik Stoll so you will see some progress there.
Instead of the MPP thread i plan to start a thread called " Measuring Low Level Stages".
It will have a wider scope then just phonostages and will include measurements on linestages too. I also badly have to learn more about PSU´s so this gives me the oportunity to look into that. This new thread may not contain as much circuit diagrams as you are used too from me and i will try to hold back my subjective impressions a bit but i can not swear on that. Thanks people, this thread was an amasing experience with your contribution.
Old 9th December 2010, 02:17 PM   #2034
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

MPP
That's a pity, but its also nice you stick around.
Old 9th December 2010, 02:27 PM   #2035
diyAudio Member

Hello Salas ! Maybe ore or the other phonocircuit will make it into the new thread but i nead i bit time to think about it.
Old 9th December 2010, 02:29 PM   #2036
diyAudio Member

"one or the other"
Old 9th December 2010, 02:35 PM   #2037
PMA is offline PMA  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
Instead of the MPP thread i plan to start a thread called " Measuring Low Level Stages".
It will have a wider scope then just phonostages and will include measurements on linestages too.
That's a perfect idea, please consider my 2 cents:
Attached Images
File Type: png Buff07.PNG (49.4 KB, 515 views)
Old 9th December 2010, 02:42 PM   #2038
diyAudio Member

Hi Pavel ! I thought so too. So this is your new buffer. Looks good. I hope you will post things like that on my new thread.
My plan is to look into PSU´s first and i am in a process to collect some new regulator designs.
Old 9th December 2010, 03:05 PM   #2039
jan.didden is online now jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
Hi Pavel ! I thought so too. So this is your new buffer. Looks good. I hope you will post things like that on my new thread.
My plan is to look into PSU´s first and i am in a process to collect some new regulator designs.
Joachim,

I can understand your decision but would like to say that I thought the Mpp thread had a wealth of interesting things, ideas and thoughts. Thank you for that.

jan didden
Old 9th December 2010, 03:21 PM   #2040
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
Default YWN....

YWN

Having checked your posts on other threads it is obvious that you are quite relentless in extracting information which you believe you need. A bit like a dog with a bone, as it were.

This thread has proved to be one of the best on the WEB regarding any specific audio DIY area. Joachim is a professional who has been in the industry for years. It seems at a quick reading that you spotted some similarity with an existing design and posted the fact in a rather pointed if succinct manner. In response Joachim immediately not only ceased work on that design but also made that fact clear in the thread and most definitely had closed down anything to do specifically with that design and the principles which were in question. Yet you persisted in questioning various aspects of that clearly abandoned concept.. [I actually believe that Joachim would also have destroyed his notes on that design as he has a highly developed concept of personal honour.]

Eventually Joachim felt that your questioning was so persistent that he had simply had enough and withdrawn, effectively leaving the thread at large hanging in the air. IF provoking that was your intention I must acknowledge your success.... but I would not congratulate you.

Others imply that you are in their opinion a ventriloquist's dummy for Syn08 (With or without his knowledge). I believe, having seen that you have been equally persistent on other threads, that it is just in your nature to behave like that and that your quest for knowledge / infliction of what you know/think is so strong as to make consideration of the feelings of others impossible for you to embrace.

What that selfishness has achieved is the ending of a very very good thread and there are as a result a great number of people who have been deeply disappointed. NO-ONE has done more than Joachim in terms of sharing not only his knowledge and development of so many projects, but he has also put a wealth of designs into the public domain. Nelson Pass also - of his generosity - has given a vast number of designs to this community with nothing asked for in return. John Curl has - rather than give away schematics - provoked people to THINK and has done much to bring about more focused thought.

I suggest that you READ what is said and act with far more humility than you have shown to date. You - and everyone else here - has no God given right to wring the last bit of information out of anyone. The site is run by common consent and relies upon an innate sense of reasonableness and balance. It is this aspect of reasonableness which you have pushed beyond any acceptable limit and with such dire consequence.

That your questioning and disagreement with explanations given resembles a form of interference used by many to disturb forum threads - or to purposely trip other posters [a form of cyber blood sport] - both here and elsewhere may or may not be relevant. .

Last edited by brianco; 9th December 2010 at 03:27 PM.

MPPHide this!Advertise here!