NAD PP1 modding, psu and others

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey,
I have recently come into possession of quite an Ok-for-free setup (Mission 701s and a CEC DQ 720, other fun too :) ) but the NAD PP1 audibly clips the signal. Awfully so, so much to actually not listen any more.

On opening it, there is one measly regulator, and little filtering. But worst - a 5532. Has anyone poked at this unit and changed the amp? Psu? First thing I'd do is dedicated regulators!

Forgive, I did search, but not specifically concerning the 5532.

I'm not sure, but if I had to hazard, it'd be a MM. There appears to be no information on the cartridge itself, and very very sparse info on the DQ720 online.

First thing is to tidy that PSU though. Pity all my gear (scope and meter etc) is at work, as it'd be very nice to drive it hard and see what's happening where, and make the relevant adjustments.

From what I've digested elsewhere on the net, the 5532 isn't Satan personified, but does suffer drastically if fed with an awful supply. And honestly, a SINGLE Regulator isn't the way forward.

L

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.