Valve Itch phono

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Can be enough tx with secondary 250VAC 40VA?

Attachments

• Valve Itch PSU.gif
    Valve Itch PSU.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 271
Well, I dont see any of those ringings. But that has to do with your secondarys dcr and it will be lower the bigger transformer you have. I guess you have a toroid because they have the lower dcr. What you could do if you think you have a problem is add resistors to your secondarys or lower first cap, to trade from ripple.

If you measure without delay you get the whole startup phase and then you dont have the average behaviour under normal run. Therefore add delay until startup phase is over.

If you want to look at startup phase, then no delay ofc.

Measuring time (for milliseconds) is just like x-axis on a scope. Set it so you see the waves properly.

Attachments

• psudVIPh2.png
    psudVIPh2.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Well, I dont see any of those ringings. But that has to do with your secondarys dcr and it will be lower the bigger transformer you have. I guess you have a toroid because they have the lower dcr. What you could do if you think you have a problem is add resistors to your secondarys or lower first cap, to trade from ripple.

If you measure without delay you get the whole startup phase and then you dont have the average behaviour under normal run. Therefore add delay until startup phase is over.

If you want to look at startup phase, then no delay ofc.

Measuring time (for milliseconds) is just like x-axis on a scope. Set it so you see the waves properly.

Thanks for help stajo, I discovered that if I don't put aby delay in sec, the result don't display how much ripple in numbers.