Help with SAIA turntable motor ticking

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Please bear with me as I'm a relative novice with DIY stuff, and am looking for assistance with a small problem with a turntable motor.

When powered on, and without a load on it (ie. no belt to connect the motor to the platter), I'm getting a ticking sound from the turntable motor, which, I assume, is indicative of an ageing/dying motor (it's about 15 years old) or of being in need of some servicing.

It's a 220 VAC (I'm in the UK) motor measuring 52mm x 28mm in size and is made by SAIA of Switzerland(I've emailed them and am awaiting a reply), and has a face plate with the following markings on it (top to bottom):

0.12 uF 400 Voc
220 VAC 50Hz 4W
UFR13UD4RN
SAIA
murten switzerland

Would it be worth my while trying to put in a drop or two of oil to the top and bottom of the motor spindle? If so, what type of oil is best (I have a selection available for different cars and various power tools)? I have a dropper I can use to make sure I don't overload it, and was going to gently rotate by hand to work the oil in - is there a better way of doing this?

I've had a look at the SAIA Burgess website to see if they still make the same motor but can't find one, and I wondered if anyone might have a suggestion for a possible source, or alternative suggestion, for one in case the oiling doesn't fix things?

Finally, is it possible for a motor of this type to be stripped out and rebuilt by a professional of some sort?

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.