Simplistic NJFET RIAA

50VA Antek which is very much used by American builders has magnetic shield that their lesser VA models don't have is another reason why usually recommending 50VA

A Polish manufacturer of toroidal transformers offers shielded transformers starting from 20 VA. Which VA rating would be your primary choice for a pair of transformers (230V) for this project?

Thanks!

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its not necessary to use individual primary fuses by electrical safety code. In case you want to, you should not skip a central fuse. In other words 2.5A in the IEC socket and 1.25A before each 50VA transformer for USA. Cut those figures to nearest 1/2 available amperage values for Europe and other 230V countries. All such fuses should be time lag (T) type. What we call slow blow.

Joined 2013
Paid Member
Hello Salas and Tea-Bag, I finished my preamp with BA2018 line stage boards stacked for Balanced operation with the UFSP with shunt regulators in the same chassis. The power supplies for the display/ relay input /volume control/remote, has a 250vac 30A relay to turn on the power supply for the BA2018 line stages.
The UFSP has a remote power supply with umbilical cord, the shunt regulators are mounted vertical with the home made heat sinks 10mm below the vents in the steel chassis. After 3 hours of operation, the inside of the enclosure stayed the same temperature. It is dead quite on all of the inputs, the UFSP I've adjusted and played HO MM, LO MC, HO MC. After a month of playing, time to move it into the main system.

Thank you both for all your help with this project!

Attachments

• IMG_1683.jpg
    IMG_1683.jpg
    984.7 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_1693.jpg
    IMG_1693.jpg
    753.5 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_1691.jpg
    IMG_1691.jpg
    859.1 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_1688.jpg
    IMG_1688.jpg
    778.1 KB · Views: 315
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hello Salas and Tea-Bag, I finished my preamp with BA2018 line stage boards stacked for Balanced operation with the UFSP with shunt regulators in the same chassis. The power supplies for the display/ relay input /volume control/remote, has a 250vac 30A relay to turn on the power supply for the BA2018 line stages.
The UFSP has a remote power supply with umbilical cord, the shunt regulators are mounted vertical with the home made heat sinks 10mm below the vents in the steel chassis. After 3 hours of operation, the inside of the enclosure stayed the same temperature. It is dead quite on all of the inputs, the UFSP I've adjusted and played HO MM, LO MC, HO MC. After a month of playing, time to move it into the main system.

Thank you both for all your help with this project!

Excellent integrated build. You are welcome & congratulations!

Joined 2013
Paid Member
I have an AT-OC9ML/II cartridge, I'm using it with my new UFSP integrated preamp. Before I used a Threshold FET -10Pe. The cartridge is mounted on a modified Rega P2 with a Expressimo Mongoose 250 tonearm.
I like this combination as this is the only tonearm I own which will allow a modern MC cartridge.

a lot of models of the AT OC9x, how do you know what to get?

Looks like price goes up with specs/materials. Boron is supposed to be better than aluminum, Shibata better than Microlinear, square shank better than round, etc. Tighter tolerances..... Who knows. Wish there was a tryout service—actually, could be a business (?). I try to buy used—worked out so far.

After the ssfp

After the ssfp, its time for the ussfp.
Until tea starts the gb, i am collecting all the other items....

May i say the ssfp (mm version) is something, that all my friends wanted to have for them!

Now i am going to buy a lomc cart to enjoy this little wonder

Attachments

• IMG_20210217_122946.jpg
    IMG_20210217_122946.jpg
    814.3 KB · Views: 230