Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
15,937 posts and finally some color. :rofl:
I finally was able to box them up. Separates are the way to go, I'd like to see the transformer at least 12" away.
Don't ask about the wooden panel.

Many thanks Salas, up and running and already sounding pretty damn good after 45 minutes.

Just ordered a new DMM to measure capacitors and leds which will let me tweak it in needed...

Damuffin, very neat box up. Despearce, congrats. What kind of TT equipment are you using around those builds? RCruz, you know you can't post G string videos on an audio forum! Oooops...its a cellos performance. Very nice :D

Totally, clean the carriage once in a while with isopropyl alcohol and that's it.

I have 3 spare wands so trying different cartridges is s 2 minute job.

On a different note the dip switches for loading, is that more for MM? Is it a case of just trying different options and it not being able to do any harm just change the sound?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its very helpful on MC too. Either for best loading different cartridges without soldering resistors each time or to can decide the loading of one cartridge for system synergy easier. Its not only the four fixed values, its also the combinations by paralleling two or more of them via switch on. Can be calculated or just confirmed across each input RCA with an Ohm meter when the power is off and the TT disconnected. Changing the switches on the fly is possible, only do it in very low volume.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I know which one you mean. Don't trust it for messing with mains panels. Unsafe. For very small capacitor values accuracy you normally need a competent LCR meter. I don't know how that DMM will do in that area. At least it should be consistent in absolute error so you can match caps. An affordable meter that does quite alright in the nF scale (after using the delta button) in comparison to my DER-EE LCR is my UT61E.

Roxan Xerxes
Michell Techno Arm
Longhorned Denon DL-103

Attachments

• Roxan.jpg
    Roxan.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 226
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
In the other box there is a PE designated pad on the raw board between the DC OUT connectors. You put a wire there that screws somewhere at the box. Its a link to the mains earth safety and its normally kept lifted anyway by the two RAW board big diodes while there is no accidental fault.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
In the phono box revise the hoop if its connecting to the PSU box also through the umbilical after you will do the PE thing. Use it only for a TT ground lug. Also use a wire from where it says GND near where it says Rail+ to a metal standoff. That will make the phono box same level with the FSP ground for best hum.