Simplistic NJFET RIAA

My collection

Hows that .Will do a compare with cornet and jfet,,, Pete millets low mu is point to point ,all 3 sound very good.
Esp p101 is nice clean detail,
The jfet is on the rack on right but its not finished putting psu in a box adding leds add pics later ,will take inside shots of any if needed :)
The Lenco has double platter controller is above it

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    315.3 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    318.6 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    302.4 KB · Views: 200
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have not looked at any ,I know very little about carts normally go on recommendations ;)

Well, if you can stretch to a Denon DL-110 it will be a nice starter. Almost all valve guys love Denons. 43dB gain configuration in the FSP will bring it up alright. Taste of MC, balanced tone.
On the other hand if it has to be an MM allowing for changing the needle the Ortofon 2M series starts at half the price Denon starts and you can upgrade by just purchasing the next better needle type, but I think the black model is the most balanced in tone, alas the most expensive in the series also. Those will match the 40dB config in the FSP better. There is the AT150 MLX too, an excellent MM cartridge with very light pick up mass but it can be fussier to mate 100% across a variety of TT systems and preamps.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Specs on R-Core

Would you measure primary and secondary resistances?

Can you measure the Iprimary vs Vprimary with no load on the secondary?

Andrew,

Voltage out 19.91VAC on both channels(exactly the same)
Resistance on primary 42.9 Ohm
Resistance on secondary 1 Ohm(both channels)
IPrimary 0.001MA(could be nothing because my MM says the same unconnected. it goes to this number after 1 minute)
VPrimary 230.1VAC

What does this tell you?

kind regards,
Sjoerd

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Use 470 Ohm 10W or two 1K 5W in parallel at the output of the raw DC board as dummy load. Connect the combined in series secondaries transformer on raw board's AC input. Measure DC across the dummies when applying your in hand RD/LINK options. You don't need to test both raw DC channels at the same time. They will behave the same anyway. Your goal is 45-50V DC raw DC level loaded