Simplistic NJFET RIAA

this is the TT for which I would have built the Simplistic.
but even here problems hummmmm.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

these gear would need some changes to make them acceptable as, for example, the IEC filter and the RCA.

Last edited:
Hi all,

As you might remember my posts, I made my FSP with S&B x5 SUT at the input in order to isolate cart noise. It works fine that way, but I made simple resistance measurements on my cart today. So, it is direct reading from my cart backside pins (please see attached picture). I see some cross-talk between channels. Is it normal? I thought that coils should be absolutely separated from each other. Am I wrong?

Attachments

• New Ply resistance.png
    New Ply resistance.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 182
No. I disconnected all leads and measured directly on cart disconnected from everything.
My first test ran on TT cable when cart was connected (No SUT or Phone connected, RCAs were in air) and I saw some low resistance between Red and White (Signal R and Signal L). Like RCA central pin L to RCA central pin R. Then, I disconnected cart leads from cart and ran point to point from RCA to silk leads. No cress-talking there. Finally, I measured on cart itself when cart was on my table by itself and results plotted on my picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Ask at the cartridge service that they reworked its engine for best info on how and why it should react on DMM I would guess. There is a fear for using DMM in general, but I have not heard of a broken cart from those who just did it. Not all DMMs put out same current level though.