Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Depends on how big is the box and how cold is usually the room, but yes, power resistor(s) its the first technique we mentioned. Oven oscillators do that. The 369s just wander due to their low output impedance and very high transconductance, there is no zero tempco cross section of curves in such devices to bias them fixed. But their temperature gets to cruising level fast, since they are small bugs and we run them near IDSS. Its mostly the ambient that settles and then they settle. Takes half an hour to get a full circuit warm enough anyway.

My new (ish) plans in the working

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 292
I see. I use 8.2 Ohm now calculated for 13.49/13.53 IDSS on Q1 and Q2.
The close value that I find in Mouser is 11.1 Ohm Vishay RC55 1/8W (0.1% 22ppm/C). It is OK for W rating?

Hi Nick,
Long story short... I dropped 11.2R for R2&3. No change and same RF. 1uH show the same story with radio and noise in high volume.
After 11.2R installation my max achievable B+ is 32.6V. Hope it is OK since it is a bit below min mentioned in manual.

Noise and RF is definitely coming from TT since disconnection of it show quietness. It is also quite with I connect only L or R from TT.
Both connected create that noise. One connected and second in my hand create radio station hearing session.

All resolved by installing my 1:5 step-up transformer between TT and FSP. Absolutely quite!!!!… and no buzz.
I play music and it is nice to hear it clearly with no any background interference.
Any ideas?
If not, then I’ll might leave my step-us inside as input trany.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
32.6V is normal since R2, R3 are now slightly high.

The transformer isolates and makes the TT cable run balanced as the cart coils allow, if its of the balanced impedance floating primary kind so it gets rid of interference on the TT cable. Also it usually has less bandwidth than the electronics and filters RF. After trying 1uH coil even, I tend to think the problem is less relative to what you do at the phono side of things. What about the woofing? That stopped too, seeming related? Was there any interference hint before changing the internals of your cart? Since your X5 SUT does not overload the high sensitivity FSP version (proves quite good margin in practice for that) and solves weirdness in your installation, why not leave it in. If there is no compromise in the transparency department that you can feel, surely.