Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Attachments

• FSP 005 (2621x2306).jpg
    FSP 005 (2621x2306).jpg
    530 KB · Views: 254
CPF2 offers better than 100ppm 1.5% versions. Have you got any info on the DCR of the new cart coils? Should need some different loading value most probably.

The question is if to use CPF2 1.2K (100ppm, 1%) or to look for better one. I have it in my hands.
They did not provided DCR and I will need to expiriment. My "old" cart did not react to any load change. I tried from 100R and till 47K. Was no differance in sound or volume level. This one is tesed with 470R, but I'll do full test right after dB change.

Salas,

I want to use an attenuator after the phono stage.

At the moment I am using a 10K single step attenuator for about 4 dB attenuation which seems to work fine but since it is easy for one to convince themselves that all is fine please let me know if you think this value should not stress the stage.

As the phono stage has begun to age it does just get better and better.

The most beautiful massed string sound I have ever heard from my system.

It is doing lots of work until I get a line stage assembled. It is driving a pair of First Watt SITs single stage mode with a 10k input impedance (only working above 500 hz., a First Watt J2 below and a pair of Yamaha crossovers below 100 hz. My plan is to place attenuatiors between phono and line and let the line stage have unfettered access to the amps and crossovers.

Doesn't sound strained but I suspect it will only get better with a proper line stage following. Just when you think dynamics may be suppressed something comes along to dispel that notion.

Such a fine device. Thanks, again.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
@ Rick

It sure does a lot of driving work for you now. Its output impedance is rather low, about 50 Ohm. Still not sporting a high bias current chunky devices driving stage. 20K attn could help? Just two elegant TO-92 JFETS do the FSP's buffer thing for all those amps and crossovers now. So there must be room for experimentation. As to put in practice your plan of rearrangement or using a go-between powerful line circuit. Will it also work against transparency as long as boosting dynamics? Ultimately Rick only knows what he will prefer more. The saga continues.:)

P.S. It will be nice to remind us about what consists the rest of your intriguing diy system when you will feel like writing a few lines. Any nice pictures?

@ Turbon

Regards