That pesky bulb...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay, I know it's all vanity, I know I can't quite see it from where I sit unless I crane my neck far over to the left and yes I know it burns energy, death of the planet and all that.

But how do I get the pesky bulb out of the mains power switch on my NAP160? Dead one out, find new one, insert and relax, knowing that it's there glowing.

Or I'm I resigned to no light?

People still use NAP160's?

It's been over a decade since I sold all my Linn/Naim gear, but I have some fond memories of headbanging away to a full active Sara system with 160's. A really <i>fun</i> rig, and one I'd probably have back if it lived up to my memories of it, maybe with Isobariks this time.

Can't help with the globe though. Don't worry, be NAPpy.

Happy NAP160

But I am very happy with my NAP160, now with gleaming, non-bulging caps... Sounds very sweet these days...

One thing I have done is to replace the tant 10uF beads in my 32.5 with oscon beasties and then I noticed that the NAP160 has a 10uF tant on the board input. Should I replace this too?

The oscons in the pre-amp have added oodles of detail and tidied the bass up no end...

All I need to do now is replace the 47uF ROE caps on the MC board with Panasonic FA (Super low impendence) ones and I'll be happy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.