Garrard 401 60 Hz pulley

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings- Trying to get my feet wet here , as well as STILL trying to find a 60 Hz pulley/spindle for a newly acquired Garrard 401. I've posted this same question on a couple of the other analogue message boards and I've been told by a few different sources (Vantage Audio for one) that "a new batch" will soon be ready. At this time, has anyone completed their batch of 60 Hz pulleys? Thanks very much, wpod

Garrard 401 60Hz pulley again

Greetings- I did read the 301 thread below and then searched quite a bit more before posting this question. I read nothing here or at any other forum that would suggest that the two pulleys (301 and 401) were interchangable. I currently own a 401 50 hz pulley and a 301 60 hz pulley and they look totally different, and I'm not talking about the three speed shaft diameters, which of course are different. I just want to purchase the correct pulley for my 401, I'm sorry if I offended you.regards, wpod

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Hello wpod, no offence taken. But you piqued my curiosity so I did some measuring. On 78:

301: 15.198mm
401: 15.438mm (+1.6%)

Internal diameter is the same - a 301 pulley was snug onto a 401 motor. External diameter is different because the 401 has a stronger magnet to give more range of fine speed variation. But the magnets fade over the years (which is why everyone's Garrard runs fast). I'd say your 301 60Hz pulley is likely to be exactly right for your 401.

Yes, the fitting arrangements are different, and the 401 arrangement is superior, but other than that...

Paul Lefebvre.........your email address is bouncing, please contact us pref with an alternative email address.

Best wishes
Darren at Slatedeck

And yes to keep inline with this thread we do have both 301 and 401 pulleys in stock for 60Hz. They priced at £14.99 each.

Apologizes for the plug, we don't normally do this but so many of you over the pond are looking for these so hopefully we can help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.