copying LP with plastic casting on it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is it possible to copy and produce long play copies with casting plastic on to the long play grooves and than remake a female mold again ?
Anyone tried it ?
At 70s , there was plastics for to cast on long play and than remove it for to clean the grooves .

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul

I tried it when I was young (around 15). There was a dry hand cleaning stuff that worked without water, used by car mechanics. It dried in a few minutes, you could rub it off, and it took all dirt. Later there was a similar material commercially available for cleaning LPs. You had to use an applicator, that made a thin layer of the liquid. It dried within a few hours and you could peel it off. It removed the dirt from the depth of the grooves.

My idea was to smear the stuff on the LP, put a layer of thin paper on it, and let it dry. After peeling off you got the negative. I played it on the crystal pickup turntable of my parents, and ... it gave some funny sound! Then my interest turned towards some more useful things, and I abandoned the project...
As I said I was fifteen :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.