Technics 1210 Mk5 Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all ,

Just got pair of Technics 1210 2 months back.starting to face problems in one set.

The problem when ever i take the pitch between -7 to -8 the platter vobles i am able to hear a tear sound this continues till i switch it off and on it again after some time it starts the platter start moving again.

I have a Speaker system beside my turntable is it beacuse of strong magnetic field my fader is dying or is it some thing else.

I am really tensed since i huge amount invested in this its really starting to pinch.

Could be that the pitch control slider is dirty . You might need to spray a contact cleaner into it to determine that. Better to use one of of those contact cleaners from CRC that leaves no residue or oily deposit. WD40 is something I would not use.
Spray some contact cleaner and move the slider up a down a few times. Do it a few times to ensure the slider is clean.
Cheers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.