Black Cube Power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey All,
I was interested in getting the PWX power supply for my black cube, but they are not currently CSA approved for sale in Canada. So, i figured I may be able to build my own.
Does anyone here know what the power requirements of the Black Cube are, or have experience build an upgraded PS? I have seen at least one person use the welbourne labs ps1, but did not hear what, if any, improvments were heard...
Thanks for your assistance,
B

Hi. I have built the phono stage TNT Solidphono.
According to The TNT Solidphono - phono DIY preamp this preamp is similar to Black Cube.
Advises toroidal transformer of 50 watts and 18 0 18.
The rectifier circuit with soft diodes and fast recovery.

Attachments

• solidphono1.gif
    solidphono1.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 386
  • solidphono2.gif
    solidphono2.gif
    9 KB · Views: 411
Hi Kay Pirinha, I have followed the scheme that is in TNT Solidphono to the letter.
It works very well. Perhaps it has been exaggerated in capacity (about 48,000 uF in total adding the PSU and the preamp), but I repeat it works very well.
I have seen a Lehemann PSU and I think it has more than 4700 x 2.
(have you been to Brazil? I say it by your name. Same as the spirit drink with lemon, sugar, ice and brandy. Joke).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.