Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Something I Noticed As A Dust Contributor To Vinyl!
Something I Noticed As A Dust Contributor To Vinyl!
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th August 2007, 11:21 PM   #1
DaveThreshold is offline DaveThreshold  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Something I Noticed As A Dust Contributor To Vinyl!

So I was standing by my table a few days ago. I have a goose neck light that I can adjust right by it. This helps me see everything, and also dust particles in the air. I showered a few mins before, and I had a fresh t-shirt on. I noticed dust particles coming from the t-shirt. I'm clean, my clothes are clean......then it hit me. I grabbed the front of the shirt with thumb and forefinger, and let it snap back. Little white dust flakes all over the place! It was from the little generic fabric softener dryer sheet that I USED to use. The one you, or the wife puts in the dryer to reduce static electricity. SO I did a small bunch of laundry without the sheet to compare to the one with the sheet. No comparison! The shirt without the fabric softener had hardly any dust and the one with the sheet had a LOT of it.

So as silly as this sounds, to cut down on dust around your TT, don't use the little, stupid fabric softener sheets!
Old 8th August 2007, 03:35 PM   #2
Tengsimon is offline Tengsimon  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

sorry didn't know

Regards;

Something I Noticed As A Dust Contributor To Vinyl!Hide this!Advertise here!