this time-correctly typed-anyone have plans for WTA?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
EC8010 said:
I can scan it, but even if I scan one page at a time, the files are likely to be rather large (>100k)
That's fime with me if you don't mind doing it. You have your email disabled, so I can't email you, but if you ping me through the forum's email system, I'll send you back an email addy to send it to.

Cheers

The patent should have all you need to know
<a href="http://164.195.100.11/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=4570253.WKU.&OS=PN/4570253&RS=PN/4570253">US Patent 4,570,253 Firebaugh 11/02/86 Tone arm </a>

If you don't have a TIFF viewer, try <a href="http://www.alternatiff.com/">AlternaTIFF</a>, it free and works well

Regards
James

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
tvi said:
The patent should have all you need to know:
Patent 4,570,253 Firebaugh 11/02/86

I remember speaking to Mr Firebaugh at a Hi-Fi show when he was debuting the arm, and when I mentioned the WW article, he said he had never seen it. It just goes to show that Patents can be awarded even when there is prior art...

HM-I would be very interested in this article, too,-size is no matter with me...;)

BTW- EC8010...
Appx same time period, there was another article ( or series ) in WW, called "Pick up Arm Design Theory" ,- or something along there...
I think the authors name was Sing, Rawandahr,- or something reasonably close...
If you can find these articles, could you give me a hint of the volume no.??
I thought I had them, -- but just cannot find...:(
Do you perhaps have an index..??

Best regards

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
WW index

Wireless World metamorphosed into Electronics World and produced an index on CD-ROM, but it didn't go back very far, so mine suffered the fate of all non-music CDs and became a short-lived drinks coaster.

If you go into your local library they should be able to tell you which is the nearest library to have Wireless World. Alternatively, they may be prepared to search for you. It's worth remembering that unless you and I ask librarians for this sort of thing, it is hard for them to justify their jobs. Thus, they are generally a lot more helpful than you might reasonably expect.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.