Modding the **** out of a kenwood KD2055, need platter/motor/bearing ideas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got a kenwood KD2055 turntable from a friend. It took me little time to gut it down to bare plinth and motor assy. This is the table with the resin plinth that looks like fake granite or corian.

Does anyone have any experience with this motor? The bearing is total garbage so I am planning on using a Rega P series platter/subplatter and bearing.

Now the question is, should I try to source a rega motor? Or should I run the kenwood unit with the proper gear? I have been reading ALOT on the motors you guys are using so I know there are plenty of options. I was mainly wondering if the stock kenwood motor would be adequate.

I already built an acrylic armboard and mounted my well tempered classic tonearm.

Any thoughts on the motor situation? Do the rega parts sound like they would do a good job?

Thanks guys - Evan

Attachments

• kenwood kd2055 build pictures 010.jpg
    kenwood kd2055 build pictures 010.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 340
Check the date again. I made that post last week I do believe.

I am going to keep this updated, thought some people might have some insight as far as good platter/motor/bearing setups from other tables.

I have decided to use my oracle parts since my table will take alot of time to fix, and I already have it taken apart.

I may change to Rega parts later, but who knows. Ill see how it sounds.

Ill update as I make some progress.

Evan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.