Question about soldering the balanced interconnect cable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I want to recable my Pro-Ject Debute turntable with the DH-Labs BL-1 balanced interconnect cable (with rca's).
I've done many "telescoping shield" (shield is grounded on the signal side of the rca's) rca interconnects but don't have experiences with the turntable wiring, does it work good on turntables too...(?)
So should I terminate the shield on the turntable side to the ground like "telescoping shield" type cable? (The cable must soldered directly in turntable, it doesnt have rca jacks) Or should I left the shield untouched?

Suggestions are welcome...
Thanks

Hi rnzr

This is what I would do take one wire solder it to the center pin of the RCA the other wire to the shield of the RCA now the Shield of the balance cable would also be attached to the shield of the RCA but not at the turntable hope this make sense

Dave

Well don't quote on this I guess noise coming from the TT would be cancel out if the shield was connected at the TT. But if you have to solder right to the TT then it might be harder to do then the other way I don't know what your TT looks like. Try it either way and see if you hear any difference it can't hurt.

Regards,
Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.