jplesset yes but being able to tweak things on the go, is useful for portable setups that are in various, different environments. I built my own food tub computer using a a10 SBC and lcd module. lot of work, not that reliable... a small netbook is easier but a arm SBC would be more efficient than a x86 laptop. ease wins in the end, this time.
for a not-x86, more efficient generic computer thing for dsp, I would fancy a dedicated dsp product made using eoma68 computer cards
. that way the $$$$$ soc, ram, hard to make computer bit is on standardized module that goes it a nice housing with the features that we want:
EOMA68 Computing Devices | Crowd Supply
- flexible battery power input
- very low noise usb DAC and ADC
- un/balanced ins/outs
- touch screen
- programmable level adjustment pots/nobs. ie vol, bass, mid, trebble,sub.
- for more processing power, swap out the computer card :P
- new more efficient computer card comes out? upgrade to that to save some watts
- wifi remote access, monitor, control.
- dsp and mixxer
- small always on oled screen with spectrum graph display thing
If a fancy dsp eoma68 housing existed, I would like to buy or pledge for it
Last edited by cacao ambiance; 4th April 2019 at 04:05 AM.