Active Bass And Treble Circuit

The suggested preamp board is designed for:
Power supply voltage: AC 12V

Which means it gets AC from a transformer, rectifies and filters it, and then uses 2 voltage regulators (two TO220 packages visible in pictures) to feed Op Amps very clean voltage.

If you
I Have Already +15v -15v power Supply in My Amplifier
you must "bypass" (not use it) but straightbsolder availble +/- 5V to proper solder pads;NOTbthe "power input" ones.

Personally I would search for *another* similar board, designed for straight +/-15V supply, there must be dozens available.

PS: as a side note, if possible avoid capitalizing every word, as in: This Is What You Are Doing, it´s somewhat confusing.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
The specification is clear but I suspect wrong. It does indeed say 12 volts AC which means exactly that... a winding with 12 volts AC present however it appears to need either a 12-0-12 or a 12-0, 12-0 type based on the components on the board.

If you have -/+15 volts DC available then you have a couple of options.

1/ Take the regulators out and feed the -/+ 15 direct to where the regulator output pins were. Don't forget the zero volt line as well.

2/ If your supply is a genuine -/+15v or higher then replace the regs with 12 volt types and feed the -/+ 15 volt into the input side of the new regs. That way you get a super regulated supply.

For reference here is the board for the module in post #2. Easy to see the locations if a split DC supply is used instead of the on board AC supply.

The gain is very high at 20dB so I changed the 100K resistors for the first inverting op amp to 15K for 3.5dB. I also added 100nF X7R between pins 4-8 on the op amps.

Attachments

• Tone_WM-025_a.jpg
    Tone_WM-025_a.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 103
PS: as a side note, if possible avoid capitalizing every word, as in: This Is What You Are Doing, it´s somewhat confusing.
Thanks.

Zohaib Ahmad,​

agreeing with Fahey, please be kind and stop using your funny writing style by Capitalizing First Letter in Every Word which you have been doing since your start on this forum, we can comprehend your posts without it, thanks for your understanding.​