What's your favorite free online circuit?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
This was a design (the LCR bit at the left) for an equaliser for a headphone amp for folk with impaired high frequency hearing. The opamp is a different means of doing the same thing (a gyrator).

It will give you something to play with. Gyrators are at the core of many multiband equalisers.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-14 182500.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-06-14 182500.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 309
  • LCR Headphone Equaliser.asc
    2 KB · Views: 28
I use LTSpice for my crossovers (passive/active line level, discrete or opamps) and everything else.
It is powerful tool that goes way beyond PLLXO if that´s what you eventually want but it serves your purpose anyway.
Its GUI might look a little dated but the program is constantly improved.
(I´ve been to a workshop from the programmer of the SW)

Here is a nice writeup of common filter types although mostly active:
Active Filters

There are many online filter tools I haven´t tried (because LTSpice + text book actually suffices) but they may be better for your applications:
RF Tools | LC Filter Design Tool

I read through Linkiwitz over the years a nice site. I've been through a lot of different filter topologies and have the fundamental design but want to tweak it with a simulator.

I'm looking for something that's quick to learn. I started with Circuit lab and by the time I had one decent circuit working they wanted to charge me. If I were going to do this every day I'd pay but this is probably a one off. Digikey used to have a nice setup but it's only schematics now.

I'm looking for something that's quick to learn.
LTSpice is very quick to learn if at all coming from circuit lab.
Press R,L, or C to place the part. Put voltage sources in place, in- and output resistances. Make a AC-simulation and you´re done in literally a minute.

LTSpice is used by many engineers not without reason.
My colleagues use it for SMPS design and even HF-circuitry (pulse trains and eye diagrams)
Never heard of circuit lab before BTW.

Rod Elliott's site is a virtual treasure trove of circuits that WORK!! Ain't NOTHIN" better out there, IMO!!
+1, I have built a lot of his projects and every single one of them has worked out of the box. No other site has learned me so much about audio circuits and I frequently find my self borrowing bits and pieces from his designs for my own projects. Can’t thank Rod enough for sharing…