Interest in RJM Audio B-Board Buffer (v1.1)?

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

I am considering hosting a group buy for RJM Audio's B-Board buffer (see (RJM Audio B-Board Project). Richard Murdey (of RJM Audio fame) has graciously provided me with the Gerber files for two versions of his B-Board: (a) version 1.1, which is a unity gain line buffer with a regulated power supply; and, (b) version 2.1, which eliminates the regulated power supply but updates the output stage. I need a few of version 1.1 and would be happy to have extras made if others are interested. If demand for version 2.1 is strong, I could offer that as well.

My guess is that pricing will be about $1.00 (US) per board (so $2 per stereo set), plus shipping and PayPal fees. Domestic shipping would probably be about $5 for padded, uninsured mailers or, if you prefer, $8.30 for insured Priority Mail. That means someone in the US could get two pairs of the boards for under $10. Shipping from the US to the EU is pricey, so if there's interest I'd suggest someone in the EU contact Mr. Murdey and host their own group buy. Alternatively, if someone in the EU wants to act as a distributor, I could have extra boards made (lowering the cost per pcb) and supply the distributor. If there's interest in A/P, I strongly suggest you contact Mr. Murdey and have the boards made locally (saving the cost of shipping the pcbs halfway around the world twice).

Enough of my blathering. Is anyone interested? If so, please indicate which version you want and the quantity. This isn't a firm commitment, just an indicator of likely demand.

Regards,
Scott