ELEKIT TU-8500 ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This tube preamplifier, Elekit TU-8500 seems like the best deal going for a quality tube preamplifier. Comes from Japan as opposed to China. Seems like Victor Kung offers great support. You can buy it as a kit to save a few dollars (under $600 depending on options).

Why not more discussion here and other forums?

Anyone have one that could offer a short review?

What are the alternatives that I'm missing?

I have one. I first bought the TU-8200 kit and loved it, so purchased the TU-8500 kit next.

An ‘Elekit kit’ is a totally different proposition to a typical diy tube amp/preamp kit from other vendors. The physical design and documentation are as well considered as anything from Lego or IKEA (no joke!). I’ve been left with the impression that Elekit go to extreme measures to provide a top quality product.

Circuit wise, I’m not qualified to provide a thorough analysis. To the level I can judge things seem to have been done to a high standard (auto-bias circuit on the 8200, regulated B+ and filament supplies on both).

I purchased Lundahls from Victor for the 8200, and he was brilliant to deal with (I’m in the UK so it didn’t make sense for me to buy the kits from him).

I love both the 8200 & 8500. Full recommendation from me.

Elekit

Hi!

I put together the little 2 W X 2 TU-8100 amplifier for my office when my chinese mini tube amp gave up the ghost. Great conversation starter, and sounds very good in a small room. See attached photo.

Elekit kits are very good quality and very well designed. They spent a lot of time designing them. Very much Ikea-like: everything is supplied etc.

The thing sounds very good and loud for its size.

Given my satisfaction with the little guy, for a future birthday, I was considering the combination TU-8500 (it has a phono stage!) + TU-8200 power amp. But I have too many projects to finish first...

These are good products, and Mr. Victor Kung gives a good dealer service, buy without worries. Cheers!

--Christian

Attachments

• Elekit.jpg
    Elekit.jpg
    724.9 KB · Views: 142
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.