Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

LCR preamp with phono
LCR preamp with phono
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th March 2021, 04:38 PM   #1
motorbreath is offline motorbreath  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Default LCR preamp with phono

I am currently wrapping my head around a project for a tube preamp with phono section. For LCR modules I know a couple of brands/producers: Silk,Silvercore,etc.. Just to have a complete overview post your recommendations for LCR phono modules here...
Much thanks gentlemen! cheers Filip
Old 4th March 2021, 05:30 PM   #2
analog_sa is offline analog_sa  Europe
diyAudio Member

LCR preamp with phono
Fwiw, all the modules i tried sounded considerably worse than Lundahl inductors with my choice of components. And it makes sense as everyone, including Tango, use very dubious capacitors. And what else would they use? Those are transformer winding companies, not fussy audiophiles.The modules were also not that great in adherence to the riaa curve. Ok, the Lundahl inductors were also way off speck, but being discrete gave me the option to adjust resistor values and obtain 0.1db tolerance. According to Per Lundahl current crop of the inductors has much tighter parameters.

Otoh, plenty of people use modules and seem happy
  Reply to this post

LCR preamp with phonoHide this!Advertise here!