LCR preamp with phono

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am currently wrapping my head around a project for a tube preamp with phono section. For LCR modules I know a couple of brands/producers: Silk,Silvercore,etc.. Just to have a complete overview post your recommendations for LCR phono modules here...
Much thanks gentlemen! cheers Filip

Fwiw, all the modules i tried sounded considerably worse than Lundahl inductors with my choice of components. And it makes sense as everyone, including Tango, use very dubious capacitors. And what else would they use? Those are transformer winding companies, not fussy audiophiles.The modules were also not that great in adherence to the riaa curve. Ok, the Lundahl inductors were also way off speck, but being discrete gave me the option to adjust resistor values and obtain 0.1db tolerance. According to Per Lundahl current crop of the inductors has much tighter parameters.

Otoh, plenty of people use modules and seem happy :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.