Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

OPA2134 Stability
OPA2134 Stability
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd March 2021, 11:12 PM   #121
jean-paul is offline jean-paul  Netherlands
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotneck335 View Post
If you've got DC on ANY pot, something's not right......
Mmm, I would overthink that one
Old 27th March 2021, 06:34 AM   #122
Fast Eddie D is offline Fast Eddie D  United States
diyAudio Member

Preliminary listening tests seem to indicate that the prototype is for all practical purposes sonically transparent. On my tape monitor, with the prototype powered with 9 volt batteries, I could not hear a difference. And there are no nasty habits.

I will install the prototype into my preamp and listen to it for a while. If it works out, then I will build a 40 Hz version for my 8" two ways and see how that works.
Old 30th March 2021, 03:48 PM   #123
Fast Eddie D is offline Fast Eddie D  United States
diyAudio Member

After listening to this for a few days I must say that it works very well. It adds nothing but it does get rid of the subsonic trash. All my poles are 1.6 Hz or 3.2 Hz so without a filter like this the subsonic trash comes right through to the speakers. And there's a lot of it on some CDs and on streaming and MP3 music too.

This really improved my 8" two ways a lot, and I'm hoping that a 40 Hz version will work better. The speakers are electronically compensated for bass response (shelving equalizer +3dB@80 Hz and +5 dB at 40 Hz) so unwanted low frequencies are boosted. The party's over at 40 Hz so I'm thinking that a 40 Hz high pass filter like this will allow more dynamic range and higher max spl. The 20 Hz version will go in my biamp, which will drive subwoofers and satellites.
  Reply to this post

OPA2134 StabilityHide this!Advertise here!