how to change components in an audio chain

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi dude, I need a piece of advice:

I would like to create an audio channel strip (preamp-equalizer-compressor) all made by me and I would like to be able to reverse the order of the components (eq and comp, the preamp must always be at the beginning of the chain) can I do it with a switch? (pos1=EQ —> COMP pos2=COMP —> EQ) and if it’s not possible with a switch how can I do it?
I was thinking about relays but i don’t know how to connect them, do you may have any schematic?
Instead I would like to avoid digital switches or mosfets.

I remind you that the signals are balanced so in addition to the ground there is a positive and a negative signal in input and output from eq and comp.

Thanks a lot in advance!:)

Massimiliano

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
The drawing takes up an hour, and I'm busy with other things.

If you want 2 xlr's input and 2 xlr's output, a 12-pole swith is needed (8-pole when separated xlr's).
Start thinking mono unbalanced:
- each processing block has a 1-pole switch between xlr in and output of 'other' block
- output xlr has a 1-pole switch between the output of the blocks
- the switches are coupled, when the input goes to block A, the output comes from block B &vv
- in total 3-pole switch needed

Stereo unbalanced: everything times two: 6-pole switch
Stereo balanced: everything times two: 12-pole switch

Draw it, good practise.

How about this

Attachments

• DSCN1022.jpg
    DSCN1022.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN1020.JPG
    DSCN1020.JPG
    974 KB · Views: 90
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.