Wire before Caps out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
attachment.php

Should i put C1 and C2 a cap?
Is it ok to put power DC 18v and Audio in the same cable?

im looking for low noise. i just only need 1uf. 1uf film is so big in my space but if necesarry i will put two each side.

Attachments

• post.jpg
    post.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 241
use 2 caps, you never know what someone will try and plug into the receiving end. I would also put a 10-20K ohm resistor after the first cap and before the second cap. If you use an electrolytic the resistors will keep the caps from becoming reversed bias. I dont know, from the limited schematic what the DC values are at each end.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
You show no gate bias on the 2N5458. I don't think you can find a 2N5458 which will self-bias high enough to pass the specified 3V (rms?) input; anyway THD is non-zero and not controlled in design or use.

Biasing to around half-way is normally a good plan. For both the JFET and the BJT. Which means they can be direct-coupled, NO cap between.

I do not see what you gain by putting a BJT in the end. Build all your electronics in front, then the reception is just a power/signal split. Now no DC on the signal lead of the cable.

I stole your 82uFd cap value but unless you are feeding total crap DC supply it can be smaller. But in electrolytic, not TOO small: well-oversized e-caps have very low distortion (see D.Self and others). 10uFd feeding a assumed 100K load is 0.2Hz, 500X bigger than absolutely needed, thus flaws are 500X less. (Remember most modern guitar amps and stage mixers are choc-a-block with little e-caps.)

I do think 3nF is a lot of C for ordinary cable.

Attachments

• preciousmolina666-b-42.gif
    preciousmolina666-b-42.gif
    31.2 KB · Views: 141
Thanks guys
Impressive PRR and your photoshop skill

I've checked the cable its 3nf until I found out that I have joined the hot and cold pin from end to end , i've cut cold pin, and yeah 100pf/m. OMG ive record song many clients using that cable.

82uf bcoz that fet only consume 4.56mA x 18v =82mw "then rule of thumb somewhere" =82uf? or nah?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.