Line Level Output Denon AVR-E300

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My Denon AVR-E300 does not have pre-outs. I'd like to add pre-outs so I can use the receiver as a line source for my active speakers.

Is there a way to bypass the amplifiers to create pre-outs?

The digital board with the DACs has a plug that might be a candidate. Also, the amplifier board has white plugs next to the pots. Are those pre-amp line sources Denon built in but didn't connect because they saved them for their higher end receivers?

As an amplifier this receiver is useless to me. If I could remove the entire amplifier and just run the receiver as pre-out/pre-amp only I'd be a happy clam.

Attachments

• ink.jpg
    ink.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 87
  • ink2.jpg
    ink2.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 94
Here are the digital and amplifier boards from the Denon-E300 service manual. I'm a total know-nothing when it comes to electronics so I don't know if these images help answer the question of how to extract pre-outs from the receiver.

Attachments

• MBbottom.jpg
    MBbottom.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 36
  • MBtop.jpg
    MBtop.jpg
    540.1 KB · Views: 91
  • DACbottom.jpg
    DACbottom.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 81
  • DACtop.jpg
    DACtop.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 103
Turned out to be easy. All I did was pull straight off the 5.1 channel connector. No other modifications. It's possible

If late model low end home theater receivers have good quality DACs then this is an easy and cheap way to get pre-outs.

Now I need to figure out if it's worth it to unpower the internal amp. It would take some work because there's an automatic shut-off switch if the AVR thinks something is wrong with the amplification board. But maybe it's an easy modification for someone who understands electronics.

Attachments

• ink.jpg
    ink.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20200923_154233542.jpg
    IMG_20200923_154233542.jpg
    585.4 KB · Views: 48
Cool stuff, I'd like to take on something similar when I get the time, money, and balls... What electronics is the AVR feeding? Or more specifically, what are the input impedance and voltage sensitivity of the CBT's inputs? Those two numbers can help determine how much turning the amp off might help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.