Line level impedance calculator and a few extras

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Almost a year ago someone (googlyone) told me to do a little reading and look into this stuff, that most of it is basic calculations. I took it to heart. Googlyone was right. I needed to look into it and most of it was basic. I read and skimmed through 6 or 7 books but by far the best one was Practical Electronics for Inventors, Fourth Edition by Paul Scherz and Simon Monk. One thing led to another… diyer. I’m not an expert nor did I use any formulas that are not already published. Please, if I have any blindspots or missed the mark somewhere, like googlyone, let me know gently.

The calculator: At it’s basic use you can see the impedance load you are putting on your DAC / Preamp when connected to multiple power amps. On the more advanced end you can use it to size a voltage divider to balance the output of Amps with different specs. (input impedance, gain, SE or balanced)

Thanks googlyone for the nudge I needed.

Impedance Calculator — STUDIOPHON

Attachments

• Impedance Calculator.jpg
    Impedance Calculator.jpg
    805.3 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.