Chinese FU32

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> Is it any good ........ I just think it look Uber cool.

Who cares if it works at all?? It IS uber-kewl.

Attachments

• Nobsound-Mini-FU32-832A-Valve-Tube-Amplifier-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Preamp-Desktop-Tube-Headphone-Amp.jpg
    Nobsound-Mini-FU32-832A-Valve-Tube-Amplifier-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Preamp-Desktop-Tube-Headphone-Amp.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Joined 2015
Paid Member
The anode connection on FU32 chinese kits is scary. The wire itself is almost always a thin low-voltage, low-temperature wire because it must fit inside the holes on that ceramic base; the insulation will melt or crumble after a while. The most common anode supply on this kind of circuits is 250V only, so the ceramic cap is not needed at all. I use a bare Molex crimp connector wrapped in fiberglass reinforced tubing, and the wire is a 1000V, high temperature type.

By the way, FU32 / 832A is a fun tube. I have built a 3+3w single ended amplifier mostly for the way it looks. I haven't found any sonic advantage over a conventional 6V6 build, and there is the added issue of a concentrated heat source. But I can ensure to Kjeldsen that this tube, with filaments turned on, is even more cool looking than the linked picture. The amplifier referenced on post #1 looks to be badly engineered and does have poor ratings, but there are several better kits and prebuilt amplifiers from China. They look to be more expensive than sourcing two Hi-Fi 5W output transformers from a reputable manufacturer, a genuine RCA 832A tube, a dual triode, and the few more parts required by the schematic. Maybe I will try a 829B next time.

Attachments

• IMG_5325.JPG
    IMG_5325.JPG
    280.7 KB · Views: 281
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.