EQ circuit modification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings!

So I have this parametric eq or bandpass type circuit. I am quite happy with the sound, but i would like to change one thing. I would like it to function in a way, so that when the potentiometer is set to zero (maximum value) sound comes trough unaffected ( no cut or boost). But when you start to turn the pot clockwise, you start to get a boost at the desired frequency. I would like a boost at 2 - 6 khz(somewhere in there) with a low to medium Q. (not so critical for my application).

I was wondering if any of you skilled gentlemen could help me make the modifications, so the circuit would suffice my needs. If you have some other circuit in mind that would do this i am open to suggestions.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Circuit_Parametric.png
    Circuit_Parametric.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 113
Hi electronicsman,

the most simple and straight forward solution that springs to my mind is to "cut the 500k Pot in half", make one half variable, the other half fixed. Means in detail: Take a 250k Pot and a 250k fixed R in series and you're done. See edited picture attached. The order of Pot and R may have to be changed, I did not think that through...

Best Regards,
Winfried

Attachments

• Circuit_Parametric.png
    Circuit_Parametric.png
    62 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Well, no issue! My pleasure!

As you may see, by the fixed resistor you just enable the parameter Gain to only be varied over a certain range. In this case beginning "flat" at rightmost turned Pot position. If you reverse the R/Pot order, the flat response is at leftmost turned Pot position. In the case of the 500k Pot "flat" was at the middle position! You see: No rocket science here ;):D

Greetings,
Winfried

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.