PO89ZB , an inline DC filter for SMPS wall warts . Preamps, HPA, Korg NuTube, etc

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Literally everything you need to make an accurate-enough-for-diyAudio SPICE model of the Bourns inductor, is printed on the schematic attached to post #1 of this thread. It's . all . right . there . And it has been there since May.

If your reaction is along the lines of, "I still don't get it," then read the tutorial pages linked in post #9.

Literally everything you need to make an accurate-enough-for-diyAudio SPICE model of the Bourns inductor, is printed on the schematic attached to post #1 of this thread. It's . all . right . there . And it has been there since May.

If your reaction is along the lines of, "I still don't get it," then read the tutorial pages linked in post #9.

You probably misunderstood my comment. I do not have any problems with finding a suitable inductor model in LTSpice. I just noted that this particular inductor is for some unknown reason not included in the huge inductor database.

I played with the quantities to order on the JLCPCB site and a curious outcome occured. If I ordered 30 boards, the price was approximately £5.00 + shipping. If I ordered 50 boards, the price jumped to £20 + shipping. I didn't appreciate the jump in price, so I looked at what would happen if I ordered two lots of 30 boards on the same order. The result was 60 boards for £10 + shipping!

So I ordered 60 boards.

I figured that since there were several people who enquired after the last batch had gone that I would probably have a similar situation this time, so why not have spares.

They took less than two weeks to arrive last time. Anyone who is interested in some boards, just let me know.

I had one the PCB's passed on to a friend who has a Korg B1.
There are Five Korg B1's within a local HiFi Group, so the idea was to get a broad assessment, across the Variants of the KB1 Builds.

The PCB is now assembled and attached a Korg B1.

The report from the PCB assembler on the initial usage is that there are improvements that are attractors, a noticeable improvement to detail and imaging with a increase in the Bass Attack.
The personal assessment is that as a device it will missed when not in use.
I assume that after a loan to other local Korg B1 Owners, it will be remaining within the system.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Another way to go is to order 100 PCBs and announce the price is 1.5 GBP per board if you pledge before 15 Jan. Then the price goes up to 2.5 GBP per board ... until 15 Feb. Then the price goes up to 3.5 GBP per board.

I'm confident that the need for careful study and numerous committee meetings and deliberate consultations, will magically disappear when it costs an extra quid to dally. "Give me time to think" ... okay, pay up.

Any extra money left over after settling all expenses (bubble envelopes, printer ink, etc) can be deployed however you see fit. When diyAudio member SR McGee ran a GB for a different PCB, he donated the excess profits to diyAudio (link) which is a nice idea. UK foodbanks, homeless shelters, soup kitchens would be excellent choices too.

Anyone unhappy with your price schedule is, of course, completely free (and welcome) to send off the Gerbers to a PCB fab themselves! Guaranteeing that they get the rock bottom, no-middleman price. It's a reminder that they are not paying for PCboards, they are paying to avoid the inconvenience of ordering PCboards themselves.

Or, you could announce you will cease shipping PCBs and take a well deserved break, a mini-sabbatical, from 15 Jan to 15 April. Then boards will again become available, at the same 1.5 GBP price, ... for 30 days.

_

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
The custom is: when somebody buys a lot of boards and finally manages to sell off the very last PCB,

The very next person who posts "Hey, who will sell me one of these boards?", becomes the organizer and funding manager of the subsequent group buy. That way there's always a group buy underway. Attempting to dodge the Organizer responsibility carries a penalty: you don't participate at all.