Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

PO89ZB , an inline DC filter for SMPS wall warts . Preamps, HPA, Korg NuTube, etc
PO89ZB , an inline DC filter for SMPS wall warts . Preamps, HPA, Korg NuTube, etc
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th December 2020, 10:29 AM   #251
SuppersReady is offline SuppersReady  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

JohnnoG,

Will you or your group be wanting any more boards?
Old 28th December 2020, 12:45 PM   #252
JohnnoG is offline JohnnoG  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I will ask, as the Group Members, are now with a user report that is appealing, and as the region is Tier 4, a additional build project might be welcomed.
Old 28th December 2020, 01:27 PM   #253
diyAudio Member

42 boards now reserved.
Old 28th December 2020, 01:37 PM   #254
Mark Johnson is offline Mark Johnson  United States
diyAudio Donor
diyAudio Member

Another way to go is to order 100 PCBs and announce the price is 1.5 GBP per board if you pledge before 15 Jan. Then the price goes up to 2.5 GBP per board ... until 15 Feb. Then the price goes up to 3.5 GBP per board.

I'm confident that the need for careful study and numerous committee meetings and deliberate consultations, will magically disappear when it costs an extra quid to dally. "Give me time to think" ... okay, pay up.

Any extra money left over after settling all expenses (bubble envelopes, printer ink, etc) can be deployed however you see fit. When diyAudio member SR McGee ran a GB for a different PCB, he donated the excess profits to diyAudio (link) which is a nice idea. UK foodbanks, homeless shelters, soup kitchens would be excellent choices too.

Anyone unhappy with your price schedule is, of course, completely free (and welcome) to send off the Gerbers to a PCB fab themselves! Guaranteeing that they get the rock bottom, no-middleman price. It's a reminder that they are not paying for PCboards, they are paying to avoid the inconvenience of ordering PCboards themselves.

Or, you could announce you will cease shipping PCBs and take a well deserved break, a mini-sabbatical, from 15 Jan to 15 April. Then boards will again become available, at the same 1.5 GBP price, ... for 30 days.

_

Last edited by Mark Johnson; 28th December 2020 at 02:07 PM.
Old 28th December 2020, 07:13 PM   #255
myleftear is offline myleftear  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
…deployed however you see fit. … excess profits to diyAudio (link)
_

Big and many thank yous to Mark and Suppersready!
I only can encourage anyone lucky to be in the line to follow the subtle wink...

to all fine people here in this cool community!
Old 28th December 2020, 07:31 PM   #256
Halauhula is offline Halauhula  United States
diyAudio Member

I have been seeing all the fun with PCBs happening in Europe. Is there any effort in the US by an individual who may be selling PCBs for the PO89ZB?
Old 28th December 2020, 08:04 PM   #257
Mark Johnson is offline Mark Johnson  United States
diyAudio Donor
diyAudio Member

The custom is: when somebody buys a lot of boards and finally manages to sell off the very last PCB,

The very next person who posts "Hey, who will sell me one of these boards?", becomes the organizer and funding manager of the subsequent group buy. That way there's always a group buy underway. Attempting to dodge the Organizer responsibility carries a penalty: you don't participate at all.
Old 28th December 2020, 08:12 PM   #258
konst is offline konst  United States
diyAudio Member

PO89ZB , an inline DC filter for SMPS wall warts . Preamps, HPA, Korg NuTube, etc Send a message via MSN to konst
:
Old 28th December 2020, 08:21 PM   #259
diyAudio Member

Mark,
I like your idea!

Halauhula,
If you pm me with your address, I can let you know what the shipping will be.
Old 28th December 2020, 08:23 PM   #260
Halauhula is offline Halauhula  United States
diyAudio Member

Thank you so much! But being in the US, probably does not make much sense and anyway I am considering following Mark's advice.

PO89ZB , an inline DC filter for SMPS wall warts . Preamps, HPA, Korg NuTube, etcHide this!Advertise here!