Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

PO89ZB , an inline DC filter for SMPS wall warts . Preamps, HPA, Korg NuTube, etc
PO89ZB , an inline DC filter for SMPS wall warts . Preamps, HPA, Korg NuTube, etc
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th December 2020, 06:25 PM   #241
bohrok2610 is online now bohrok2610  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.didden View Post
Maybe people like Würth have spice models for their inductors. I'll see if I can find something.

Jan
There are loads of models of similar inductors in LTSpice from various manufacturers including Bourns. However the exact inductor model used here is not among those.
Old 13th December 2020, 06:33 PM   #242
Mark Johnson is offline Mark Johnson  United States
diyAudio Donor
diyAudio Member

Literally everything you need to make an accurate-enough-for-diyAudio SPICE model of the Bourns inductor, is printed on the schematic attached to post #1 of this thread. It's . all . right . there . And it has been there since May.

If your reaction is along the lines of, "I still don't get it," then read the tutorial pages linked in post #9.
Old 13th December 2020, 06:54 PM   #243
bohrok2610 is online now bohrok2610  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
Literally everything you need to make an accurate-enough-for-diyAudio SPICE model of the Bourns inductor, is printed on the schematic attached to post #1 of this thread. It's . all . right . there . And it has been there since May.

If your reaction is along the lines of, "I still don't get it," then read the tutorial pages linked in post #9.
You probably misunderstood my comment. I do not have any problems with finding a suitable inductor model in LTSpice. I just noted that this particular inductor is for some unknown reason not included in the huge inductor database.
Old 13th December 2020, 09:01 PM   #244
ClaudeG is offline ClaudeG
diyAudio Member

Sorry for the confusion Joesnd, meant the reply from Mark to my post re possible coils, not at all your post and questions of course
Old 19th December 2020, 01:51 PM   #245
docjrev is offline docjrev  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Hello,
Anyone with have an extra board or two? I have an ACP+ running on an SMPS supply and very interested in trying this. Please PM me. Thanks. Godspeed.
Old 26th December 2020, 06:47 PM   #246
SuppersReady is offline SuppersReady  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I'll be doing another order of 30 of the PO89ZB filter boards for anyone who wants them. As before I'm only asking for the price of the postage.

When I get a moment spare, I'll pm the several people who have already asked for some recently.
Old 28th December 2020, 06:49 AM   #247
diyAudio Member

I played with the quantities to order on the JLCPCB site and a curious outcome occured. If I ordered 30 boards, the price was approximately £5.00 + shipping. If I ordered 50 boards, the price jumped to £20 + shipping. I didn't appreciate the jump in price, so I looked at what would happen if I ordered two lots of 30 boards on the same order. The result was 60 boards for £10 + shipping!

So I ordered 60 boards.

I figured that since there were several people who enquired after the last batch had gone that I would probably have a similar situation this time, so why not have spares.

They took less than two weeks to arrive last time. Anyone who is interested in some boards, just let me know.
Old 28th December 2020, 07:21 AM   #248
diyAudio Member

It's a good thing that I ordered 60. 26 are reserved already!

Best be quick!
Old 28th December 2020, 08:09 AM   #249
joensd is offline joensd  Germany
diyAudio Member

I'd happily take up to 6 boards, if that isn't too much already.
I'd also be willing to "send them on" if there's any other takers in Germany. Less work for you mate. Thanks a heap!
Old 28th December 2020, 08:37 AM   #250
JohnnoG is offline JohnnoG  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I had one the PCB's passed on to a friend who has a Korg B1.
There are Five Korg B1's within a local HiFi Group, so the idea was to get a broad assessment, across the Variants of the KB1 Builds.

The PCB is now assembled and attached a Korg B1.

The report from the PCB assembler on the initial usage is that there are improvements that are attractors, a noticeable improvement to detail and imaging with a increase in the Bass Attack.
The personal assessment is that as a device it will missed when not in use.
I assume that after a loan to other local Korg B1 Owners, it will be remaining within the system.

PO89ZB , an inline DC filter for SMPS wall warts . Preamps, HPA, Korg NuTube, etcHide this!Advertise here!