PO89ZB , an inline DC filter for SMPS wall warts . Preamps, HPA, Korg NuTube, etc

OK all out, the last ones went today. Please post pix and let us know what you are doing with them, I can't wait to see the ideas everyone comes up with.

I put one in line with my pi/Allo streamer and it seems to have cleaned up the power quite well. I will be putting one on a KorgB1 when I get a chance.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I remember an interview of Captain Chesley Sullenberger, the pilot in command of US Airways flight 1549, who made a successful emergency landing in the Hudson river (NYC) in 2009, with 155 people aboard.

After the (extremely smooth) landing in the water, when the airliner had come to a complete stop, Sullenberger turned to the copilot and said, "That wasn't so bad, was it?"

It's the same with ordering PCBoards from a fab. It seems kind of intimidating beforehand, but when you actually DO it, you find out: it isn't so bad. Ask members konst and Audiobear.

OK all out, the last ones went today. Please post pix and let us know what you are doing with them, I can't wait to see the ideas everyone comes up with.

I put one in line with my pi/Allo streamer and it seems to have cleaned up the power quite well. I will be putting one on a KorgB1 when I get a chance.

Thank you, sir--very generous! Will post some pics of what I come up with once I get to it. I have been itching to build something...anything!...teleworking is turning my mind to Jell-O

limits

I remember an interview of Captain Chesley Sullenberger, the pilot in command of US Airways flight 1549, who made a successful emergency landing in the Hudson river (NYC) in 2009, with 155 people aboard.

After the (extremely smooth) landing in the water, when the airliner had come to a complete stop, Sullenberger turned to the copilot and said, "That wasn't so bad, was it?"

It's the same with ordering PCBoards from a fab. It seems kind of intimidating beforehand, but when you actually DO it, you find out: it isn't so bad. Ask members konst and Audiobear.

As long as the Gerbers are kosher, it is really not an issue and supersimple. And you will not believe the price, I cannot understand how they make money, they must ship millions and millions of boards.

This is a docu on JLPCB where these were made, really something Inside a Huge PCB Factory - in China - YouTube (ignore the really annoying presenter)

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I really don't think that's a good idea; your RLC resonant circuit(s) will be poorly damped and they will exhibit decaying sinusoidal oscillation ("ringing") for many types of load current waveforms a/k/a stimuli.

Instead I suggest you pay a dollar more and buy the 1% tolerance version of the 0.04 ohm resistor instead of the temporarily-out-of-stock 5% tolerance version. Mouser has 368 of them in stock, this morning.

part number 605-RMCJ1U00R04FS

Mouser's website says they expect to restock the 5% 0.04 ohm resistor on 13 November.

DigiKey has an acceptable model too: link

_

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I have 100 µF and 0.01 Ohm resistors. Can I use those?

Seriously folks, why do you think the designer made a schematic, a PCB and a BOM? The filter works as published with the specs given if the specified parts are used. If "anything goes" would have worked he would have written that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
IMG_20201007_075309486.jpg

I cut the power to the Pi/Digone and inserted the filter, this is what came out before and after

Reactions: 1 user