Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Power supply rails for NAC 282 & 252 ?
Power supply rails for NAC 282 & 252 ? Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th February 2020, 11:44 AM   #1
Roog is offline Roog
diyAudio Member

Default Power supply rails for NAC 282 & 252 ?

I think that I understand the Naim hierarchy for Naim Pre's and PSUs, but reading the specs for the PSUs doesn't tell you what supply rails are actually utilised by the 282 and the 252 in each pre/PSU combination.

Can anyone point to work or investigations carried out which identify the supply rail requirements of the Nac 282 and the 252?

I'd just like to understand what is actually going on.

Many thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 01:18 PM   #2
JeffYoung is offline JeffYoung  Ireland
diyAudio Member

I don't agree with all the conclusions reached here, but there's still a ton of good info:

Modifying Naim Audio preamps
Old 14th February 2020, 07:32 AM   #3
Roog is offline Roog
diyAudio Member

Thank you Jeff, I have previously read the acoustica site with interest, I will re visit, perhaps i missed something. I didn't find it terribly easy to understand.

Power supply rails for NAC 282 & 252 ?Hide this!Advertise here!