Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Trusted source
Trusted source
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th November 2019, 07:17 PM   #1
troystg is offline troystg  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Trusted source

Hi all,

I am looking for some opamps but shipping and handling are stupid expensive for a pair of opamps from mouser and digi-key. However I don't know if I trust Amazon(certainly NOT ebay) to get genuine parts.

Any one have any experience using Amazon for electronic components?

(1PCS) AD8620BRZ IC OPAMP JFET 25MHZ DUAL 8SOIC 8620 AD8620 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CD1AF2G..._KZU0DbVCYRXST
Old 18th November 2019, 07:29 PM   #2
ubergeeknz is offline ubergeeknz  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

You're likely to get fakes buying from randos on Amazon, eBay, et al

Try arrow, rs-online as well. At least here, RS don't charge shipping and handling and I think arrow were at some point doing free shipping too although that may have lapsed.

There's also lcsc although not as mainstream they should be a genuine source.

Last edited by ubergeeknz; 18th November 2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old 18th November 2019, 08:07 PM   #3
indianajo is offline indianajo  United States
diyAudio Member

Get your order over a minimum ($20?) and there will be no handling charge. Digikey has a $2.99 first class mail option for under a few ounces. Mouser somehow always sticks me with a box for $14. Newark can do a box for $9 USPS but their packaging is too bulky for first class mail. Note USPS has no milage charge, but UPS & feddx do, and both have a residence surcharge. Newark and digikey will do flat rate USPS boxes. which are the same price for 2nd day delivery (often 3 days).
Buy a pound of solder, a better soldering iron, a hundered leaded resistors for stock (the party will end some day, all surface mount will be the curse of diyers) a power transformer, a pack of computer disks, a usb drive, something you'll need next month.
BTW I got an email from RS last week. The address was the same as Mouser Ft Worth. Bet Mouser got bought out?

Last edited by indianajo; 18th November 2019 at 08:15 PM.
Old 18th November 2019, 08:13 PM   #4
ubergeeknz is offline ubergeeknz  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianajo View Post
...., a pack of computer disks, ...
Trusted source
Old 18th November 2019, 08:29 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I still haven't given a video service a direct tap into my checking account. I look at public television broadcast for free through the air. Like Tesla dreamed. I record some of the programs on DVD for enjoyment at my time. Some of the best concerts air at 3 am Sunday morning.
As far as USB drives, I haven't gotten one to work 3 times in a row yet. Scrambled random data, anybody? Too small to put a decent label on anyway to know what you have. And very tempting to hackers who infect all the PC's at the library. I won't reuse a USB that has been to the library to print files.
Old 18th November 2019, 10:27 PM   #6
troystg is offline troystg  United States
diyAudio Member

So at ~$50 for ME to get a pair of opamps it is almost worth just having the modules repaired by a shop..

Know anyone that can do SMD work and has a commercial account for parts?

I would rather give a person the money for honest labor than inflated retail prices.
Old 18th November 2019, 11:14 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

The AD8620ARZ is $16.80 and the AD8620BRZ is $33.25 at digikey.
I don't have a commercial account. I bought $140 of capacitors mostly from digikey last week for all the dead video displays amps power supplies mixers around here & at 2 churches I support. I got two SME LM4565FVJ op amps for a PV8 mixer for $.43 each. Shipping was $8.99. Use a more common part to save money.
What makes you think your op amps are bad? My unit's dead channel turned out to be a fractured via from top to bottom, which I stuck a wire through & soldered both sides.

Last edited by indianajo; 18th November 2019 at 11:35 PM.
Old 18th November 2019, 11:44 PM   #8
rayma is online now rayma  United States
diyAudio Member

If you want two samples of the AD8620ARZ, I can get them for you, if you will pay for USPS shipping
(which will be probably two or three dollars). The B version is not available as a sample.

Last edited by rayma; 18th November 2019 at 11:47 PM.
Old 19th November 2019, 12:20 AM   #9
R Kneck is offline R Kneck  United States
diyAudio Member

I believe Digikey has a no shipping charge option. You mail them an order form with your check enclosed and they will send your package with no shipping charges. Takes a bit longer but so what?
Old 20th November 2019, 09:06 PM   #10
PRR is online now PRR  United States
diyAudio Member

I've had good and bad from Amazon 3rd-party sellers.

That *particular* seller, I would not touch. On the right side, under "$8.00 + $3.00 shipping ---- Add to Cart", click on "Ships from and sold by SICSTOCK TEAM.

Lifetime 'positive feedback' is 92%; many shops do better. But 30 day feedback is 2/3rd good 1/3rd BAD--- this is a terrible score for the vendor-friendly Amazon ratings, and suggests they have real problems recently. The review texts are not as bad but there's several strong complaints. (All sellers get unjustified complaints but this is enough to make me look elsewhere.)

Yes, Amazon polices its sellers but more on delivery speed. And anything more complicated than a hair-comb, it is hard to know if the seller did wrong or the buyer is an idiot.

Trusted sourceHide this!Advertise here!