Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Trusted source
Trusted source
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd November 2019, 11:50 AM   #11
troystg is offline troystg  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayma View Post
If you want two samples of the AD8620ARZ, I can get them for you, if you will pay for USPS shipping
(which will be probably two or three dollars). The B version is not available as a sample.
If you can do that I would appreciate it.

Troystg@gmail.com
Old 22nd November 2019, 11:52 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Kneck View Post
I believe Digikey has a no shipping charge option. You mail them an order form with your check enclosed and they will send your package with no shipping charges. Takes a bit longer but so what?
I will look into it. The shipping being more than the item just seems wrong to me.
Old 22nd November 2019, 11:58 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

I am going to skip the Amazon offer because I have no way to test the components before assembly. I have to ensure the parts are original even if I pay inflated prices. It just bugs me that shipping and handling for a pair of opamps costs as much as the opamps. I could only imagine how upsetting it would be if I were ordering 5520's or something cheap and were charged 4-8x the price on shipping and handling.
Old 23rd November 2019, 03:05 AM   #14
PRR is offline PRR  United States
diyAudio Member

> shipping being more than the item just seems wrong to me.

When you make parts by the millions, and stock them in boxes of a thousand, there really is not much material or labor involved.

When you ask a messenger to bring it to your door/box, that really can be more fuel and labor than getting a chip to a distributor.

(When you order from China with "free shipping", you are really making the US Post Office make the trip for free. Old postal agreements between major countries required the destination country to carry for free, because in 2-way postal exchange it always balanced-out. Another agreement from before China was a major export economy assigned the postal cost to the larger economy, the US. Since we no longer send orders by postal mail, the US gets no balancing postal fee.)

Trusted sourceHide this!Advertise here!