Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

GSSL Clone
GSSL Clone
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th November 2019, 02:34 PM   #1
spoontex is offline spoontex  Spain
diyAudio Member

Default GSSL Clone

I've found some PCB's for build an SSL compressor. But, checking the BOM list, schematic and board, I found some differences. I've solved all of this, only for two resistors.

The schematic on gyraf site, says MANGLER 22R - > LUS V. -15V

http://www.gyraf.dk/gy_pd/ssl/ssl.pdf

Tells that they have two 22r resistors on the 7815 and 7915, but my board haven't this two resistors. What happens if I omit this two resistors?

Schematic:

schematic — imgbb.com

My board:

I remove resistors in green, because I have a THAT 2180BL08-U.

Resistors in red, are missing resistors or different values.

board — imgbb.com

Thanks.
Old 14th November 2019, 02:52 PM   #2
tmuikku is online now tmuikku  Finland
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to tmuikku
Hi!
if no one has a reply to you please check out the gigantic GSSL help thread from another forum, groupdiy.com GSSL HELP THREAD!!!
Old 14th November 2019, 06:41 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks!

But I have big problems with the register in the groupdiy. I've tried several times, but I never receive a confirmation email from the admins...

You know something about that?
Old 14th November 2019, 07:00 PM   #4
tmuikku is online now tmuikku  Finland
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to tmuikku
Sorry, haven't been active there lately and it is over 10years i registered, so no clue groupdiy.com has a facebook page where you could send a message. Gyraf might have his email available somewhere, he is a moderator at gdiy forum. Also diyaudio member PRR is moderator there if I remember, you could try contact him if can't get contact with mr Gyraf.
Good luck!
Old 14th November 2019, 07:01 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Great, I look at facebook page.

Thanks!!
Old 15th November 2019, 03:36 AM   #6
PRR is online now PRR  United States
diyAudio Member

I have forwarded spoontex's words to Ethan who runs GroupDIY.

When troubleshooting a registration problem, it really helps to say:
* the email address you used
* the username you requested
* approximate date

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmuikku View Post
diyaudio member PRR is moderator there {at GroupDIY}
Actually, no. I "was" when they started and had no staff. I have 30 years experience in forum moderation and lent a hand. As others were recruited, some years ago I opted to step-back from doing mop-work.

And in most busy forums there are 5 or 10 Message Moderators who watch for "bad messages" and also move misplaced threads to the best section; but only 1 or 2 Member Moderators who handle registration approvals, registration problems, name-changes, and lock-outs.

Incidentally I don't think GroupDIY has a valid FaceBook page?

Last edited by PRR; 15th November 2019 at 03:39 AM.
Old 19th November 2019, 02:24 AM   #7
Ken Newton is offline Ken Newton  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoontex View Post
Tells that they have two 22r resistors on the 7815 and 7915, but my board haven't this two resistors. What happens if I omit this two resistors?
Probably no noticeable harm. Each resistor forms an simple RC low-pass filter in conjunction with it's associated 22uF cap. These filters are there to help decouple noise appearing on the 15V rails from contaminating the 12V regulators. How much of problem is such noise depends on the activity of the loads connected to the 15V rails.

The regulators have decreasing power supply rejection as noise frequency increases, while the RC filters have increasing noise rejection as noise frequency increases. So, their behaviors complement each other.

GSSL CloneHide this!Advertise here!