GSSL Clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've found some PCB's for build an SSL compressor. But, checking the BOM list, schematic and board, I found some differences. I've solved all of this, only for two resistors.

The schematic on gyraf site, says MANGLER 22R - > LUS V. -15V

http://www.gyraf.dk/gy_pd/ssl/ssl.pdf

Tells that they have two 22r resistors on the 7815 and 7915, but my board haven't this two resistors. What happens if I omit this two resistors?

Schematic:

schematic — imgbb.com

My board:

I remove resistors in green, because I have a THAT 2180BL08-U.

Resistors in red, are missing resistors or different values.

board — imgbb.com

Thanks.

Sorry, haven't been active there lately and it is over 10years i registered, so no clue :) groupdiy.com has a facebook page where you could send a message. Gyraf might have his email available somewhere, he is a moderator at gdiy forum. Also diyaudio member PRR is moderator there if I remember, you could try contact him if can't get contact with mr Gyraf.
Good luck!:)

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have forwarded spoontex's words to Ethan who runs GroupDIY.

When troubleshooting a registration problem, it really helps to say:
* the email address you used
* the username you requested
* approximate date

diyaudio member PRR is moderator there {at GroupDIY}

Actually, no. I "was" when they started and had no staff. I have 30 years experience in forum moderation and lent a hand. As others were recruited, some years ago I opted to step-back from doing mop-work.

And in most busy forums there are 5 or 10 Message Moderators who watch for "bad messages" and also move misplaced threads to the best section; but only 1 or 2 Member Moderators who handle registration approvals, registration problems, name-changes, and lock-outs.

Incidentally I don't think GroupDIY has a valid FaceBook page?

Last edited:
Tells that they have two 22r resistors on the 7815 and 7915, but my board haven't this two resistors. What happens if I omit this two resistors?

Probably no noticeable harm. Each resistor forms an simple RC low-pass filter in conjunction with it's associated 22uF cap. These filters are there to help decouple noise appearing on the 15V rails from contaminating the 12V regulators. How much of problem is such noise depends on the activity of the loads connected to the 15V rails.

The regulators have decreasing power supply rejection as noise frequency increases, while the RC filters have increasing noise rejection as noise frequency increases. So, their behaviors complement each other.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.