Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Line level switch box / DAC with IR remote
Line level switch box / DAC with IR remote
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th October 2019, 09:53 AM   #1
vuohi is offline vuohi  Finland
diyAudio Member

Default Line level switch box / DAC with IR remote

For a while now I've been thinking of building a relatively comprehensive remote controlled line level selector box with an integrated DAC. The other day I was browsing fleabay for cheap prototyping parts and I made a simple flowchart of what I'm looking for:

then.png

At least for the initial prototype I was thinking of using these dirt cheap relay boards for the inputs and outputs:

relay board.png

picture stolen from eBay because I hate expired forum links.

I have already built the same basic concept as a manual switch box like this:

now.png

Can you spot any major flaws with the idea? Any similar projects here on the forum or elsewhere? This will definitely be done on a budget at first so I'm not interested in elaborately priced commercial products which I know are already out there. There will also be a speaker switch in the same box, but I didn't put that in the flow charts. My manual switch box already has that.

Line level switch box / DAC with IR remoteHide this!Advertise here!