Looking for schematic for SKA SKPre and SKoptivol

Joined 2014
Paid Member
I am trying to track down a schematic for Greg Ball's SKA SKPre (preamp) and the SKOptivol module that works with it. I've searched the web to the best of my ability but keep getting to a dead end. Any help will be appreciated. I believe Greg is out of touch these days but if anyone knows how to contact him, perhaps that would help. Thanks.

Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
I think Greg is out of commission or at least he was for a while. I could not find anything in the GB150 thread. I've built the 150 and it's a nice amp. I have the SKpre and Optivol kits but the PCBs don't give component values, so I need a schematic or bill of materials.

I'll try searching for "amplifierguru" threads. That could be the trick.

I found an old email from Greg on just the optivol - I think it is the same as the material in the SKpre anyway.

I think there was an error in this version - the LED was the wrong way around "have another look at your instructions because it says to put the anode of the LED to C1, but I reckon it should be away from C1."

I think he corrected it afterwards. He also mentioned to make sure to ground the centre hole as it helped reduce hum pickup.

Attachments

• OptiVol assembly and Connectivity..zip
    287.8 KB · Views: 53