Yamaha CX-1000 SW701

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone!

I'm currently restoring Yamaha CX-1000. But i made one big mistake.
Disassembled SW701 (Rec. out switch), cleaned...and forgot default position of the movable part. Now it's working strangely. Was unable to find any photo on the internet. Does have manual, but i have trouble decipher output code table.
Maybe someone will be able to help me? Almost restored this nice preamp (all that left is to repair SW701 and replace motor in motorized volume control).

With all respect,
Alex.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 269
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Also if jean-paul will read this thread: i'm interested in AD1860s. Will be good experiment with DAC replacement.

So far, everything else is working very well. My unit is 30 years old (88y) and all capacitors are ok and within tolerance! That was a Real Quality these days.

BTW: do not tight bracing nut to the max. It can block motor from turning pot axis freely. Volume curve is A (inverted log).
Now i will look for recapping this unit (but it'll cost more than pot replacement. If anyone have ready capacitor list for CX-1000, please, share.

Sorry for bad english.

Last edited:
BTW: do not tight bracing nut to the max. It can block motor from turning pot axis freely. Volume curve is A (inverted log).
Now i will look for recapping this unit (but it'll cost more than pot replacement. If anyone have ready capacitor list for CX-1000, please, share.

Sorry for bad english.

Hello Javik

Can you post a photo of the old pot
Showing the gear Side mechanism

Have you rcvd the list replaces the cap for Yamaha cx1000

Thanks and rgds
Shree

Here it is. That's original part. It is a bit larger than new ALPS (this one is ALPS produced also, but old model). I received cap list, planning to recap asap. Health issues, i was unable to do it earlier.

Attachments

• DSC_0940.JPG
    DSC_0940.JPG
    340.5 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC_0941.JPG
    DSC_0941.JPG
    317 KB · Views: 171
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.