Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Need an opinion on layout of LME49713 preamp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th September 2019, 02:20 AM   #51
sonidos is online now sonidos  United States
Libertador de la Música
diyAudio Member

Default Latest spin

Changes made - routed output through pin 1, switched R4 back to smt, flipped smd caps C2 and C4, with grounds further from feedback loop and output
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lme49713_preamp6.JPG (196.6 KB, 49 views)
Old 11th September 2019, 11:07 AM   #52
sgrossklass is offline sgrossklass  Germany
diyAudio Member

Your power traces are making quite a big loop, needlessly so.

I'd suggest rotating the bottom end of C1 to the right by 90° (which would also reduce inductance betwen V+ and V-... C1 and C2 may even end up being able to share a via) and attaching V- in between C1 and C3, and V+ should be able to go in between C2 and C4 with some minimal shifting of C4 and C6.

If you're not worried about symmetry, you could even just reroute V- to C1 while leaving the rest of the layout as-is.

I would move the R2 via to the other side and make an approximately radial slot in the groundplane, going out between R2 and R5 and extending to the outer edge, maybe somewhat below the screw hole. If so, I think I'd want to have the input ground on the top section, closer to the output ground. Hmm, maybe it would be smarter to shuffle the input stuff around and have the slot pass underneath R6 then... turn R6 around, shift C5 down a bit, should be enough room then.
Old 11th September 2019, 11:47 AM   #53
jan.didden is online now jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

Looking good. You could rotate C2, C4 clockwise 90deg and move next to C1. Then move all mounting holes inward for a PCB less than half what it is now ;-)

Jan
Old 11th September 2019, 11:53 AM   #54
ubergeeknz is offline ubergeeknz  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.didden View Post
Looking good. You could rotate C2, C4 clockwise 90deg and move next to C1. Then move all mounting holes inward for a PCB less than half what it is now ;-)

Jan
Could also rotate C1, C3 anticlockwise, straightening out that rail too
Old 11th September 2019, 02:17 PM   #55
jan.didden is online now jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergeeknz View Post
Could also rotate C1, C3 anticlockwise, straightening out that rail too
I don't think that brings a lot, though.

Jan
Old 11th September 2019, 02:49 PM   #56
Libertador de la Música
diyAudio Member

Thanks, folks! I'll be back with more changes after work.
Old 11th September 2019, 03:18 PM   #57
Bare is offline Bare  Canada
diyAudio Member

Aunt Corey's Buffer?? That's going back a few years.
Seriously suggest a Passdiy.com B1 buffer kit... 40$.
Better than Greenberg himself let alone his aunt corey cobble up
Old 11th September 2019, 05:40 PM   #58
Libertador de la Música
diyAudio Member

Here's an interesting side story that I have mentioned on the forum before - Corey lived here in Austin and I became friends with a guy who was also still fresh in college like me and made his money selling hi-end equipment at a local store. I believe Corey was a tech at one of the local radio stations at the time.

He was friends with Corey and got Corey to give him some input on developing a high end version that would sell for around $2000 to $3000 a pop. My buddy sold me the parts at cost and I built it up. But knowing what I know now, boy, as pretty as it looks inside (big caps, WIMAs, giant toroid, Penny & Giles pot, silver wire, big telecomm relays), I've learned it has its warts.

Need an opinion on layout of LME49713 preampHide this!Advertise here!