Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

SymAsym5_3 with tone pot control, need help wiring.
SymAsym5_3 with tone pot control, need help wiring.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd August 2019, 02:47 AM   #1
Immoraltech is offline Immoraltech
diyAudio Member

Default SymAsym5_3 with tone pot control, need help wiring.

Would it be possible to wire up a 5 knob tone pot circuit to SymAsym? Vol, balance, bass, mid, treble?

Would it need to be a separate circuit, or would i need additional parts and some craftiness? I can read shematics and easily build them to the t, use a multimeter, i even have a dso shell that im still learning to use, just not so good at understanding how it all works together, and the flow...even though i can recognize circuits purposes, and know individual components basic functions and how they work. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Now, the why? Well i have a nice chassis that i cobbled together from junk parts, it has 5 pot holes...so its basically shoe horning SymAsym to work with my base, cause i want an excuse to build it, otherwise id just scrap the idea and use a different circuit if its impossible or impractical.
Old 22nd August 2019, 04:39 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Maybe shiny pictures will inspire some responses,
these are the circuits to the kawai performer, itll be a pain trying to turn these into amps and effect pedals, but also a fun challenge. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 22nd August 2019, 08:16 PM   #3
Khron is offline Khron  Finland
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Khron Send a message via MSN to Khron Send a message via Yahoo to Khron
How about asking a moderator to move this to the Analog Line Level subforum?

This is the class-D section, and neither the SymAsym, nor tone controls are class-D (as far as i know)
Old 22nd August 2019, 08:30 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Sorry dude, didnt know where to post it. I was actually looking for a newbie section for basic questions like this, yeah.. moving it to the proper sub forum would be appreciated, how would i go about that?
Old 25th August 2019, 12:37 AM   #5
PRR is offline PRR  United States
diyAudio Member

The post is now in Line Level section (it may have moved).

I had no idea what a "SymAsym" is. Give link!
SymAsym5 - Project

"shiny pictures" in post #2 are 404 Not Found. (They may be private to you.)

SymAsym is a "power amp". It has a tough job already. It is usually a poor idea to *also* task a Power Amp with Tone Control. Asking for a 5-knob is really going too far.

Tone Controls are normally provided by a "box" in *front* of Power Amp. This can sure be inside the same chassis as the power amp, but with its own electronics.

HERE is one to look at. Super-similar Volume Treble Midrange Bass boards are all over your favorite store sites. 5-band are harder to find.
Old 25th August 2019, 03:10 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Thank you for some direction and a starting point, 1st pic is current progress of modified chassis. 2nd pic was the original i uploaded of the boards. Hope it works this time with Flickr instead of google pics

IMG_20190822_131208_886 | Brett Stevenson | Flickr

20190822_100237 | Brett Stevenson | Flickr

SymAsym5_3 with tone pot control, need help wiring.Hide this!Advertise here!