SymAsym5_3 with tone pot control, need help wiring.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Would it be possible to wire up a 5 knob tone pot circuit to SymAsym? Vol, balance, bass, mid, treble?

Would it need to be a separate circuit, or would i need additional parts and some craftiness? I can read shematics and easily build them to the t, use a multimeter, i even have a dso shell that im still learning to use, just not so good at understanding how it all works together, and the flow...even though i can recognize circuits purposes, and know individual components basic functions and how they work. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Now, the why? Well i have a nice chassis that i cobbled together from junk parts, it has 5 pot holes...so its basically shoe horning SymAsym to work with my base, cause i want an excuse to build it, otherwise id just scrap the idea and use a different circuit if its impossible or impractical.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The post is now in Line Level section (it may have moved).

I had no idea what a "SymAsym" is. Give link!
SymAsym5 - Project

"shiny pictures" in post #2 are 404 Not Found. (They may be private to you.)

SymAsym is a "power amp". It has a tough job already. It is usually a poor idea to *also* task a Power Amp with Tone Control. Asking for a 5-knob is really going too far.

Tone Controls are normally provided by a "box" in *front* of Power Amp. This can sure be inside the same chassis as the power amp, but with its own electronics.

HERE is one to look at. Super-similar Volume Treble Midrange Bass boards are all over your favorite store sites. 5-band are harder to find.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.