Help Finding Audio Switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello new to the forums and the audio scene, I'm not too sure on all the lingo, but I hope I'm in the right section for the thread.

So I'm looking for an audio switch that has 1 in and 4 out for RCA. I would like to connect my Shiit Modi (DAC) in and out to my Shiit Magni, Objective 2 and a small 40w Amp for my bookshelf speakers all into 1 package. I've been digging around for the last 2 hours on Google, Amazon, Ali Express, etc. All I can find is this https://www.amazon.ca/Duttek-Switcher-Composite-Selector-Consoles/dp/B077X4W4W6/ref=sr_1_12_sspa?crid=24Z28D0QBAOSK&keywords=4+way+rca+splitter&qid=1562902452&s=gateway&sprefix=4+way+rca+%2Caps%2C175&sr=8-12-spons&psc=1 which is 4 in 1 out, opposite of what I'm in need of and in the question sections, some say you can use it backward, but one reply stated
The only thing I wonder about is the audio though as unlike the video it has different level resistances for input and outputs as you can see here in their own specifications.......
Input level Resistance: 2V(RMS)/47KΩ
Output level Resistance: 2V(RMS)/1KΩ
and if you reverse that I'm not sure how that would work out?
So I don't think its a good idea to use it in reverse.

The actual 1 in 4 outhttps://www.amazon.ca/axGear-Video-...sprefix=1+in+4+out,aps,178&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1 has no switch or buttons to select what port you want to run.

So is there any options out there, that would have lossless audio and be able to switch between sources? Also if there are any DIY kits for this sort of thing I would love to make one if need be, as I did build my Objective 2 Desktop Kit from Head 'n' HiFi.

If you want to drive 4 RCA inputs with one output, you don't have a switching function. Two pair of Y cables (per channel) would work, if the DAC has the drive current to handle the capacitance of 4 RCA cables. Each load is driven all the time, if you don't want to listen to one output don't turn the load on.
The spliter box you linked to is active, there is no reason to turn the op amps off driving each of the 4 output cables. It presumably has an op amp section for each output jack. So that solves the capacitance overload problem, if there was one. If you don't want to listen on one of the outputs, don't turn it on. Electrons flowing into and out of the cables to the turned off loads will not spill out on the floor.
If you want 2 or more INPUTS to go to any one output, and switch between them, then you need a switch. The 3 to 1's and 4 to 1 video switches on amazon/ebay are about $12, and work at audio frequencies. In fact most of the 4 to 1 video switches have 3 poles; a yellow one for the video and a white and red ones for the left & right audio channels.
I've found my Stellar brand TV tuner from newark will drive at least 18' of cable. A 6' cable from tuner to the 4-1 source switch for my TV, a 6' cable from switch to the TV, and a Y cable + 6' cable to also allow the sound to go also to my PV-4C power amp. This allows me to listen to the hifi sound out of the tuner on separate speakers, instead of the vile sound coming from the Samsung TV itself.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.